According to Reuters, the White House Administration and Budget Office told the US Congress about the decision to once again postpone the imposition of sanctions on Huawei. It turned out that local firms are simply not ready to abandon the products of a Chinese corporation so quickly.
"In recent days, the Congress has made clear the importance of the implementation of the law within two years, and we will follow it," said the acting director of the White House administration, Russ Vaugh.
Last week, White House officials said they would need more time to impose US Department of Commerce sanctions on Huawei, which prohibits US companies from purchasing and using equipment from a Chinese corporation. The Office proposed to delay the introduction of a ban for a period of two to four years. Ultimately, it was decided to postpone the imposition of sanctions for two years, so that local firms could switch to devices from other manufacturers during this time.
It is important to note that the two-year delay applies only to Huawei telecommunications equipment. Restrictions on the use of American technology and components by a Chinese company should come into force on August 19 of this year .