Owners of Xiaomi electric scooters should be more careful. So says the manufacturer, who announced the recall of the popular model Mi Electric Scooter. Often in such devices problems are associated with batteries, but not in this case – the whole thing in poor-quality assembly.
As stated in the official statement of Xiaomi, in the construction of scooters there is a marriage – a weak knot, due to which the vertical part with handles can detach from the main body. If this happens on the move – a painful fall and injuries are provided. Employees of the company claim that at risk are scooters released from October 27 to December 5 last year with serial numbers from 21074/00000316 to 21074/00015107 and from 16133/00541209 to 16133/00544518. You can check the identifier on the left side of the scooter case.
According to official data, the company will withdraw 10,257 units of equipment. Of these, about 70% were sold in the UK, and the remaining 30% in a number of countries, including Russia and Kazakhstan. The corporation also reported that in the event of a breakdown of uncalled scooters for the above reason, repair of devices will be free. The company apologized to all those who got defective copies.